LINK Mentees are usually under 30 and are either graduating university students or young professionals in their first or second professional work experience. These young women are seeking support for their professional and personal development. A mentee is looking to make a positive change in her life and wants to learn from her mentor’s insight and wisdom. A mentee also wants her mentor to challenge her thinking and open her mind to new possibilities.
To be an effective mentee, you need to:
- Be ready to work at the relationship
- Be open-minded and willing to learn
- Be honest and real
- Be proactive and take initiative
- Be forward-thinking
- Respect your mentor’s time and resources
- Follow up on agreements
- Be willing to allocate approximately 4 hours a month to the mentoring relationship over the course of the one year mentoring program
Since The LINK is committed to making the best possible match, bear in mind that it may take us longer to find a suitable mentor for certain applicants.