Become a Mentor
THE LINK MENTORING IS FREE AND VOLUNTARY FOR EVERYONE
HOW TO JOINClick here to complete the Mentor Application Form
Step 1: Complete & submit the mentor application form (to be completed in one sitting)
Step 2: Meet The LINK team in a face-to-face meeting to allow us to make the best match based on your expressed interests and qualities.
Step 3: Once we find you a suitable match, you will attend our group orientation training to prepare the ground for your mentoring relationship and to meet your mentee.
Get Started: After your first meeting with your mentee, you will sign a ‘Mentoring Agreement’ with her in order for expectations to be understood and so that a clear commitment is undertaken by both.
During the Year-Long Relationship:
– You will be asked to fill a few brief quarterly assessments so that The LINK may monitor the progress of your relationship.
– We encourage you to attend the regular gatherings organized by Sustain Leadership in order to share your experience and further the learning process.
– If things do not work out with your current mentee, we can always re-assign you to a new mentee if you wish.
WHO SHOULD JOIN
Join The LINK if you are a career women with 10+ years of experience who has a desire to help young women in the community grow professionallyClick here for Criteria/Guidelines on being a mentor!
- Personal satisfaction in helping someone grow professionally
- Develop your skills as a facilitator, a guide and an advisor
- Learn from your mentee
- Build new relationships with fellow LINK mentors
- Receive recognition